Simple Ayurvedic Health Tips
Here is a list of healthy tips quoted from Ayurveda
- Wake up early in the morning
- First thing in the morning have 1-2 glass of lukewarm water
- Drink approximately 750 ml of water in the early hours of the day to keep the three bio-energies i.e., Vata, Pitta and Kapha in track.
- Delay aging by exercising regularly.
- Walking is essential as part of daily routine.
- Massage before bath for total fitness and glowing skin.
- Eat a stomach filling breakfast, and cut down on the heavy dinner.
- The six tastes should be balanced in the diet for optimum health and nutrition. The six tastes are: sour, pungent, astringent, bitter, salty, sweet
- Include good forms of sugar like sugarcane, jaggery, red sugar, nolen gur, honey, dates
- Include good fat in your diet like desi ghee, coconut oil, sarson ka tail, nuts, seeds
- Include dietary fibre in the form of fresh fruits, vegetables, raw salads
- Eat Khichdi as one meal a day
- Boil four glasses of water till it is reduced to one glass. Sip this hot water decoction at bed-time to flush out wastes from the body.